Spam King Sanford Wallace Indicted for Facebook Spam


For the last 2 decades, Sanford Wallace has been hacking and bedevilling user’s Facebook accounts and sending unsolicited messages. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 2.5 year or 30 months in prison, and a fine of $310,000.

Wallace was arrested by the US federal in Las Vegas in 2011, having gained access to over 500,000 Facebook accounts and thereafter posting unauthorised messages in their walls.

Sentencing of Wallace had been planned for last December, yet it has taken the court almost a year to achieve a sentencing action. Wallace was supposed to have confront up to 16 years detainment, yet at last, he was sentenced to 30 months in jail and five years of managed discharge.


Wallace, who was using a fake Facebook account under the name of David Frederix, sharpened his phishing methods. He designed the way of logging into someone’s Facebook record, recovering their friends and after that, he send a message to each of them.

Reports shows that the messages urged them to sign into a site that would redirect into revealing their Facebook credentials. This guided them to a certain associate site that paid him for his activities. Wallace then proceeded with his spam cyber-crime, utilizing the recently accumulated login details.

Facebook had already recorded a statement against Wallace under the CAN-SPAM act, and this led to a warning in March 2009 not to access Facebook in any way at all. In his case, Wallace confessed that he defied the order by signing into his Facebook account while on a plane travelling to New York from Las Vegas.

Sanford Wallace, the self-declared spam lord, now 47 years, began his jail sentence on September this year. He also confessed in August to electronic mail parody and to criminal scorn of court, as indicated by sentencing archives documented in U.S. Area Court in San Jose, California. The condescension charge was levelled against him for ignoring past requests from one of his many court cases never to get to Facebook in any way.

The court orders barring Wallace from accessing Facebook aroused his case, calling for further legal actions against him. Various court records indicate that the prosecution had to be altered two times due to withdrawal of some of his lawyers in 2014. This is because Wallace did not give the necessary communication needed for the case.

This case against Wallace is one of the ever-growing cybercrimes.